Thursday, March 25, 2010

Movie Night

K asked me, her mom, to go to a movie tonight.  It's some surfing/snowboarding/cool movie put on by the local film series.  Yes, her friends were unable to go, and I was last choice, but that doesn't bother me a bit!  I'll take it.  :)   Glad to know she thinks of me as a friend and a mom.  I have been informed, however, that I will need to change out of my scrubbies.  :(   Jeans are still too tight.  Wonder if I can get away with sweats? 

We also went to meet with her school counselor today.  My lil girl is a senior next year.  We found out she only needs 2.5 credits to graduate.  She will have a very fun, low stress senior year.  She can't wait and is counting down the days.  I am so happy for her, to be moving on, and doing well in life/school, and thinking about the future.  It is a real mix of emotions.  I can't even think about how I will feel when I am downstairs in the kitchen, reading the paper, and I won't be able to look up and see her coming downstairs for breakfast in her jammies, messy bed head, and sox.   How can someone feel so happy and so sad all at once?   She has turned into such a beautiful young woman. 

At least her sister S will be around to keep things lively!  :)  For two more years......................

No comments:

Post a Comment