Saturday, May 29, 2010

New toy

Since my weight loss plan has really not been working, I decided to try something new.  I have been seeing these great beach cruisers all around town for last, oh, maybe year and a half.  I always tell my hubby "that girl is riding MY bike."  He would just smile and laugh......... but was not getting the hint.  So I got on Craig's list and found me one.  All by my little self.  :O)  I had some mad money stashed away, and was going to treat myself to a little somethin' somethin', but just hadn't decided what.  It's really hard to splurge on myself,  with two daughters who always need something............  But I decided that maybe something fun would help me lose some weight.  I'm not really overweight, just not where I want to be.  It really hit me when S needed some baby pics for a school project.  When we were looking through her baby book, a little card fell out.  It was a small keepsake record of all of my visits to the ob/gyn while I was preggers with her.  I thought, aww.................  how sweet.  Until, that is, when I saw the weight record.  :(     I weigh more now than right before delivery!!!!  What a wake up call.  I admit,  I didn't gain much during that pregnancy, but still........................  now the only baby I have is a food baby.  I just need to lose a few, get in shape, and feel better.  And hopefully this bike is the ticket!  There are so many wonderful paved trails, and my girls said they would love to go with me.  So here goes.................  a new adventure.  And not to worry, my lil doggie won't be riding in the basket.  She likes to chase birdies too much.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment