Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mama's Day

What a day.  I know the girls are always short on cash, because, you know, they don't have jobs...........  so I just planned some fun stuff for us to do today.  I didn't want them to feel they have to ask for money from me, and then buy stuff.  In the past I just give them my Macy's card and let them loose.  But even that can seem a little impersonal.  So today I let them do some of the planning, and I did some.  It was a really special day.  They knew we were getting pedicures, but before that we all went and picked out a new pair of sandals.  :)  Then after pedicures we went to a restaurant that K picked.  She said they have been voted the best Vegetarian Cafe by City Weekly for the last several years.  K has recently adopted a vegan diet, and wanted to us all to give the cafe a chance.  It was a nice surprise.  I had breakfast tacos that were wonderful.  S had some amazing french toast that she shared with me.  Then we went to a great little consignment shop.  I found this retro 50's table..............  Hubby didn't think it sounded too great.  So, it did not come home with me.  :(  sigh.  sad face.  I even sent him a picture..............  Then we did some shopping, and got K some tights for prom, had a coke and pretzel and came home.  I hope my gals know how special they are.  They keep me balanced, young, hip, and cool.  I have learned so much from them.  Patience, love, hope, ................  the list could go on and on.   It is really hard some days, when I just want to be their friend.  But sometimes being a mom has to come first.  
I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so late, but I had a wonderful Mother's Day! My kids and hubby are so wonderful to me . . . I got my new outside faucets (I know, I want it all!), had a wonderful sugar-filled breakfast with the fam, opened some awesome gifts from the kiddos, got a wonderful new camera from Hubby, then went on an awesome family hike.

    Can't ask for more than that!

    I'm glad you had a great day with your girls :-)

    ReplyDelete