Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's been a while...........

Well - it's nice to be back.  My laptop crashed, and is now all better!  We have two computers, but you know, the other one is all the way down in the basement............  :)  It's just easier to sit at the kitchen table and be around all of the household activity.  Too isolated downstairs. 

Summer is nearing an end.  School starts next week - the 26th!  My "senior" student is very excited, while my "sophomore" student is wishing summer would never ever end.  They haven't been in the same school since 3rd and 5th grade and they have one class together.  Beginning Arabic.  Should prove for a very interesting school year. 

S is in the Big Apple with two best friends and one Mom.  Having a wonderful time and doing some wonderful shopping.  :)   K and I are headed down to the city to do some shopping.  Hoping that it will be a little less hectic on a Sunday. 

Since this whole computer problemo, I also have a new job.  I love it love it love it. I am so thankful so have found such a wonderful job and I really will learn so much from the other Nurse I work with.  Looking forward to all of the challenges and rewards of working with teens.  My mom was always so surprised when I worked L & D, Hospice, Research.........  she said she always saw me working with kids in some way.  Guess mom was right.  Who knew?  I never would have believed it if I had told myself this 5 years ago.  But here I am, and it is great. 

1 comment:

  1. A senior and a sophomore - and I was fretting about a 5th grader who is way to small and young to be in his last year of elementary ;-) And congrat's on the new job! I didn't get a new job, but I did get offered 30 hours a week, up from 20 hours/week, starting um TODAY :-) I'm very excited - but my spoiled self will have to adjust, that's for sure!

    Here's to hoping your girls have a great start to the school year!

    ReplyDelete